James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Colorado Open Highlights

by James Drebenstedt on Sunday, August 29, 2010 at 10:39pm
 1) Coaching and watching the Strong Mom.  Alex would have been spectacular even if she weren't just three months post-partum.

2)  Seeing what a big and low maintenance boy Finn has become.

3) Screaming "kill the tire" repeatedly.

4) Screaming at people I had never seen before in my life.  I was on  the scene - they were crossfitters in need of moral support.

5) Freezing Steve out of our hotel room.

6) Eating most of the hotel's eggs and drinking all their coffee.

7) Realizing if we were a Warsaw Pact Crossfit Affiliate, Steve's permission to travel abroad with the team would be revoked.

8) Screaming at my old FCF teammates.  We are one.

9) 54 minutes non-stop screaming during three successive heats of workout four.

10) Photographing Front Range's lifting whiteboard.  They have four or five guys who squat more than me.  I smell blood.  I won't always be on the sidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment