James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Thursday Burpees

Today I woke up not feeling like death warmed over, but rather like serious illness at room temperature.

Tuesday and Wednesday were the first two days in a row that I failed to get my burpees done on time.  I was not looking forward to doing them today, and I even considered taking a day off.

But I read this quote from the New York Times Magazine today:
"Oh, sure, rowers can experience a kind of grace — but it tends to be of the sort visited on saints and others inclined to mortification of the flesh." 
This grace, I know, is also that of the burpee.  Erging I try to put my breastbone on the monitor, so I lined up at the intersection of four stall mates today and concentrated on putting my breastbone right on the cross they formed. 

It was mortifying, but I got it done.

You just have to be a Crazy Bitch.

I'm on top of it.

xoxo, you!
 

3 comments:

  1. good thing you deferred hating me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some charms, Anonymous. I wish your fatal flaw were something easier to deal with like heroin abuse. But again, I seem to be the idiot doing burpees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to clear one thing up. I'm okay with having a fatal flaw, but what you heard me listening to was not really country. At least not Travis McTravis. I too can't stand whiny country singers who only sing about sappy non-existent type love and or the inability to deal with struggles and strife. I was listening to Steve Earle, who is undoubtedly one of the better rock-a-billy singers...and the song was Copper Head Road..a clear lack of whining and a descent song about making moonshine. The IQ lowering session that occurred on Tuesday was your own doing. You cannot blame me. While I'd like to take credit for the insane torture that was doing 150 squats to the sweet sounds or Allison Krauss, whom I do like, I never suggested such a thing. Happy burpeeing.

    ReplyDelete