James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

95,268 Pounds

Yes, I have not written lately.

Sometimes the problem with being an author is the implicit claim of authority, and sometimes I don't think I know anything that hasn't been in the public domain for decades.  I study, I practice, and I learn, but still there is nothing new under the sun.

Usually what's happening when I don't write  is that I'm working hard, and I'm too much of a generally helpful and not profit-motivated guy to make up stories about how supplements and shoes solve everyone's insane lust for a painless and pleasant short cut.


I've finished my first month with the International Million Pound Lifting Association, the brainchild of Defy! CrossFit's Jonathan Sabar.  There are some rules in the Association about what counts towards totalling a million, but I don't know what they are.  I simply count working, not warm up, sets on the Big Four - squat, bench, press, and dead.

In  four weeks I totaled 95,268 pounds.

I don't have much to say other than it seems to be working.




No comments:

Post a Comment