James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

USAPL Meet Express Report

I'm extremely tired and mostly happy. I'll have much to write about this later, but here are the bare bones. We worked in kilos, so all the weights in pounds are approximate.

Squat 1st attempt: 340 good lift
Squat 2nd attempt: 375 no lift, depth
Squat 3rd attempt: 401 no lift, depth. This was a heart-breaker. Our video, admittedly from a bad angle, shows me at parallel though definitely not lower. Good judging; entirely my fault.


Bench 1st attempt: 220 good lift
Bench 2nd attempt: 245 good lift. Actually the judges blew this one. My butt came way off the bench. In the end it's a game, and I'll take the freebie and know I got away with one.
Bench 3rd attempt: 265 no lift. I knew this was ambitious, but I thought it might go. I got pinned. Good work, spotters!

Dead 1st attempt: 330 good lift.
Dead 2nd attempt: 360: good lift
Dead 3rd attempt: 375: good lift

6/9 and I didn't waste time adding my total. Many, many good things happened here, but I missed the one I really wanted.

I got a nice silver medal, but I didn't do it alone.
Thanks go to: Mike B for reminding me to bring ear plugs, C.H. for the knee wraps and pep talks, D.B. for the massage and good cheer, J.H. for the caffeine and good cheer, A.L. for the positive and strong energy, and everyone who has used one of my barbells.

Blue Heat feels great on the hams, butt, and low back. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment