James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Rats of Reality

It's hard, but with some prodding I've decided to confront the Rats of Reality.

My shoulder just doesn't work, and that's not easy for me to deal with.  I have an appointment with the orthopedist next week, and while I suspect it can't be good, I'll at least figure out where I am and what I have to do to return to training.

Probably the worst case scenario is that I'll be doing rehabilitation work with a light band while driving my squat to and past state record territory.  My big fear is simply that I won't be able to CrossFit and by the time I squat 500, I'll weigh 300.

I'm realizing that the missing new year's resolution should have been to figure out how I should train, and then to tolerate no deviation from my training plan.

Going forward my progress will largely be determined by how smart I decide to be.  I need to quit being stupid.

Soon.

As the person who prodded me into seeing the doctor astutely pointed out, calling the doctor today will yield an appointment next week at the earliest.

And between today and my appointment next week are the Mile High Sprints.  I'm doing the 500 meters as stupidly as if I'll never get to be stupid again.

No comments:

Post a Comment