James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Monday, November 21, 2011

If You Squat in the Woods

It would take me more time than I'll allow to search through my C2 logbook and figure out what my 500m row was last year, but 1:29.4 sounds about right.

I was trying to figure out why I'm 2.5 seconds faster so far this year, because while my erging has been serious, it hasn't been frequent.  Nor have I grown taller which would be the easy way to get faster.

I've been doing this all long enough to know that unless you're fortunate, most of the hard stuff is going to be done alone.  Sunday, with no-one in attendance, I squatted 300 x 5 x 5.  That's probably why I can cover 150 meters in ten strokes.

Probably the 2012 Mile High Sprints will be like the 2011 Mile High Sprints.  I'll get done and the CSU guys will say both that they like my mustache and that I row fast.

I'd rather it was the CSU women of course, but whatever.

I'll keep doing the important work alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment