James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Second OLAP and 12-2

Thursday, Accountability Partner, is bench and deadlift day, and I did this:

Bench
15 x 45
5 x 135
6 x 2 x 205

I  should think this is enough to keep me out of trouble.  Sure, the warm up should have been quite a bit longer, but I did all my annoying shoulder rehab first, and 205 should allow me to at least keep my current 1rm strength without destroying my shoulder.

Deadlift
5 x 135
5 x 225
6 x 2 x 315

I did these all sumo.  I suspect these were all ugly as my lack of practice hasn't helped my deteriorating form.  I was happy, happy that I could hang 315 off the shoulder with zero pain here.  I think I'll be able to push the dead hard and maybe come up with 425 or so at the meet in May.

Conditioning.
My pseudo-randomizer actually served up a 2k time trial here, but when I saw CrossFit Open 12-2 was a 10 minute amrap, I thought I might as well just do it instead.

AMRAP 10
30 snatches 75 pounds
30 snatches 135 pounds
30 snatches 165 pounds
30 snatches 210 pounds

Since my shoulder fell apart, I've snatched 95 pounds five or so times, so I had no idea what I could or should do here.  I told my judge, ACW, I was going to do 30 + 1 and stop to think.  I told her if she saw me do 32 to start pushing me because that meant I wanted 60.

At 31 I felt good, I had a lot of time left, no pain, and 135 felt surprisingly light.  I felt better than I have in months when I set 31 down, turned to ACW and said, "it's on."

I made it to 60 and with a couple minutes left I loaded 165.  I made a couple of attempts but failed to get it locked out overhead, so I ended up with a score of 60.

Diet:
Still zero sins, but I haven't bothered to really weigh anything yet.  I think I'll take the middle road here and just make sure I only eat good food without worrying about quantity yet.  If I'm not under 190 in April, I'll start weighing.

Other stuff:
Last night I went to bed on time.  I really have to do that every night.

I'm just going to fuck off an hour or two playing one-minute chess now, and I swear I'll go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment