James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Yule Blog #7

If this seems wrong, it is really supposed to be Yule Blog #8.  I just like this one better than the one that should be 7, so I'll give it the prime number.

Yes I do like prime numbers, and yes, I spent a few hours today drinking coffee and studying the chess game, Mikhail Tal - Aleksander Koblents, Riga, 1957.  On the downside, I'm not so good with people.  I sometimes even forget who they are and why I am supposed to know them.

People are nice to me anyway, and that continues to amaze me.

Today a CrossFitter gave me a magnesium fire-starter for Christmas, and I realize she couldn't possible have gotten me anything better.  It's even better than the Nose-Tork I would have requested if anyone asked me what I wanted.

I can do what I damn well want with my blog, but as of yet I'll not preach my views on the zombie apocalypse.

Let me just say that if the shit should hit the fan, I'm not waiting for help.  I'm taking my knife collection and my new magnesium fire-starter, and I'll run west into the mountains.

It wouldn't surprise me if I die before the panic-stricken people who sit down and wait for the police, but I'll die facing my last enemy with a sharpened, fire-hardened wooden spear.

I hope that as the triumphs you string together after days, weeks, and months in the gym begin to seem ordinary, you're also gaining confidence to face the extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment