James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Yule Blog #2

In general terms, my training now looks like this:

Monday: row fast
Tuesday: squat moderate, press moderate
Wednesday: row fast
Thursday: deadlift, bench press
Friday: maybe row fast, maybe row slow, maybe rest (sorry about the unplanned rest today, prospective partner)
Saturday: squat heavy, press heavy, maybe row slow and long
Sunday: absolutely nothing

And this is my yearly attempt to ride two horses with one ass.  It's always a battle, but my lifting is improving.  I'm not so sure about the rowing, but at least it's not getting worse.

I'll be training like this until my next powerlifting meet in March, and I'll have to face the fact that until then my CrossFit will suck.  I won't be going to California to get free Reebok shit.  On the other hand, if I want free Reebok shit, and I won't, I could just take it from a CrossFitter.

So I'm specializing which makes me happy, but sometimes I get bummed or even feel like a complete failure.  I can't guarantee that I'll succeed even in the limited area I specialize in.

Even so I have these lucid days when I'm aware that life isn't so bad.

 A week or so ago I happened on some pictures on facebook of a guy who would be my ex-brother-in-law if I had ever been married to the woman I definitely should have divorced.  The guy has become a sphere.  I got into some trouble with the woman who should be my ex-mother-in-law for suggesting that this guy immediately get to his local CrossFit affiliate.

Yes, I'm aware of my impoliteness.  I am trying to help the guy because he is on the way to an early death.

In the end I'm a weak and wet, inconsistent Human like everyone else.  I do cause myself unnecessary suffering by worrying about whether or not I'll total over 1.200 pounds in 2012 or break the 7 minute 2,000 meter row.

I have some small, meaningless problems, and on some of those lucid days, I thank Generative Reason that one of my problems is not a spherical shape of increasing volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment