James can be reached at TwinFreaks CrossFit, where he is an owner and trainer. James coaches barbell lifting classes and CrossFit classes. Contact him by email at james@twinfreakscrossfit.com or by phone at 720-204-2631.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Yule Blog #8

For the nine weeks I currently have planned for myself, Thursday is bench and deadlift day.  Last Thursday my work sets on the bench were 6 x 3 x 210.  210 is not really heavy, not even for a triple, but it's heavy enough to demand respect.

I'm fortunate to have a consistent spotter who takes the job seriously, so I didn't complain when we had to change Thursdays' lifting time until it eventually was pushed all the way back to 5:30 pm.  Of course 5:30 became 5:40, and he had to leave at 6:15.

I was rushed, and that was good.  I re-learned that I screw off more than I think I do, and it's possible to do a complete work out quicker than I think it is.

Thanks spotter, and maybe these obstacles thrown at us actually help us dominate.

No comments:

Post a Comment